DAS 2D Solver
DAS 2D spans more than 100k lines of code. Since DAS is an open-source project, you can employ the design and analysis classes in your project. The important classes can be classified under two groups:
The design group consists of:
- Torsion Spring
The analysis group consists of:
Please check Case Studies to learn how to use these classes. You do not have to know object oriented programming to use the solver.
- You should add the source code to your project (addpath(genpath('./2D'));).
- Workspace Class should be the first object to create. It will store units and workspace size for drawing properly.
- You need to have at least a Node and a Link array to perform any analysis.
- Some joints couples are not valid and you will receive an error if you try to set these joint types.
- Do not forget to set the slider angle if you define a slider.
- Make sure that member ids and their array indexes match.
- Bistable class can be used for plotting energy and torque of mechanisms that are not bistable.